Spoof sitename

Status
Not open for further replies.

omniwing

Beta member
So while connected to a friend's M.U.D, I can look at my own sitename, which is usually something similar to an IP but usually has text in it, like 485.phb.adelphia.cox.net

At least, I believe this is the 'site' or 'sitename'. What I need to know is, how can I spoof my sitename. I realize it may be VERY difficult, but I know there is a way to do it. I have a linux box I'm willing to dedicate to this purpose (although I am not very knowledgeable with Linux or Unix environments).

Any ideas on how to do this? If not, any ideas on where I should go to get started? Thanks much.

Omni

That is your reverse DNS

I don't know of any way to change it though

Hey! Thank you for the response. At least now I know what I'm looking for. If anyone has any suggestions on how to spoof this, please post!

Thank you for reading

Omni

Could you try to elaborate a little bit more on this? Are you trying to host a webpage? Not quite following what you mean by spoofing this page......

Hello. I'm connecting to a Multi User Dimension (MUD) which is a text based roleplaying game. Many players have accounts that allow you to type a command and see the reverse dns of all players. So, it is impossible to play this game anonymously. Even if you create a totally new character, you are linked to this reverse dns, unless you go over a friend's house and use a different ISP.

Thanks for the response!

Proxy?
If this is borderline hacking Tech-Forums wants-be-no part of it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom