speeding it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hello all once again

i've been paying for a 8meg connection for the past 2 years or so and been getting 3-4 meg max (which i'm ok with) but over the past 2 weeks i've been getting just over 2x dile up (130kb max) and i would like to try and boost it back up to what its been at

thanks in advance

Have you contacted your ISP? Have you reset your modem/router?

my isp has got a hold of me a few times to try and get me to upgrade to 16meg though i believe there capping my connection because they have used the line "has your internet been slow recently"

the router has been kept updated and gets turned off every night so yes its been reset in that sense

its just one of the the company i'm with (BT) will not admit to capping me but my contract with them is up this month and there trying to get me to sign up to a better (more price hyped) connection so i'm positive its that

Well there really isnt anything we can do. I mean if you called them and reset everything there isnt much more we can do. :S

Well there really isnt anything we can do. I mean if you called them and reset everything there isnt much more we can do. :S

ok seem fair (*starts kicking the router :angry:)

ok i'm looking forward to hoping to a different isp now :p thanks anyway mak

Well maybe E_D or someone might have a better solution. Like flushing your DNS or something. But i can think of anything.

Hello,

Are you sure that your Internet connection speed isn't being throttled because you've exceeded your monthly bandwidth usage allowance (if you have one with your BT package that is)?

^ thats what i thourght but i basicly got 1 pc and my ps3 linked up to it and the only thing thats been downloaded is a few demos and a update for the ps3

the only thing been going on with the pc is youtube and music converting (ipod stuf) so i dont think i've go over any limit i have

but what i signed up to the isp i picked there unlimited useage package

^ thats what i thourght but i basicly got 1 pc and my ps3 linked up to it and the only thing thats been downloaded is a few demos and a update for the ps3

the only thing been going on with the pc is youtube and music converting (ipod stuf) so i dont think i've go over any limit i have

but what i signed up to the isp i picked there unlimited useage package

Alright. So monthly usage allowance is not the problem. However, having said this, BT's Fair Use Policy applies to all customers on all options, meaning they can choose to throttle heavy users who have the unlimited package.

I'd call BT and tell them that you want to terminate the service and you're moving to another ISP, and tell them why - it would probably get them doing something. If that fails then you could just move to another ISP as you said.

Alright. So monthly usage allowance is not the problem. However, having said this, BT's Fair Use Policy applies to all customers on all options, meaning they can choose to throttle heavy users who have the unlimited package.

I'd call BT and tell them that you want to terminate the service and you're moving to another ISP, and tell them why - it would probably get them doing something. If that fails then you could just move to another ISP as you said.

thanks Alvin explains a lot i have been useing a little more then i have in the past

i think i'll leave them to it and just switch at the end of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom