Sound networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
Hey guys.
Im looking to grab the sound off my laptop and play it through my main pc hooked up to my speakers.

I'v seen this done quite a bit on UNIX systems but im looking for an app for windows.

Anyone ever come accross anything?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Sound? Like music files? Just share the files and play them on the Media player within the main pc (with the speakers).

Used to do that all the time when we had parties in college. We would use a crappy old laptop and load all of our music files from all of our desktops in our rooms, then hooked the audio from the laptop to the speakers/sound system in our apartment. No special software required - just a network and sharing the files within it.

Hello,

There are a few ways you can do this.

As Lexluethar said, you could just enable file sharing in Windows XP (assuming you have XP) share the files on your laptop and access them over the network from your desktop PC.

The best way would be to use iTunes. iTunes allows you to share music libraries over a LAN with other iTunes users. Similarly, Winamp and Windows Media Player also allow you to share music over a LAN. Note that you need to be using the same media player on each computer (i.e: iTunes <---> iTunes).

I already have media sharing setup. It's the whole package I was looking for.
I know it can be done, just can't find anything for windows!

Best brush up on my VB ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom