sorenson vrs vid phone and router

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokernod

In Runtime
Im a complete idiot when it comes to networking, routers, or any of it, in 10 years I still cant get a file from one computer to the other.
My ex girl friend is deaf and still lives with me, so we have a video phone (Sorenson VP-200). Before we got the phone we had bought a rather expensive Belkin N1 Wireless router (I am now "NOT" a Belkin fan, good for wireless sucks for hardwire). When they brought the phone and hooked it up the Belkin would'nt see it. The problem, as far as I could tell, was the phone seems to run on only one I.P. which is 192.168.0.125, and the belkin runs I.P.s as 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.XXX and there doesnt seem to be a way to change this on either the phone or the router since the page on the router control panel has the "192.168.2" all solid and unchangable to the user, and only the last 3 digits are actually in a box so that thay can be changed....as in....when it came it had the I.P.s set as starting at 1 and ending at 100, I changed this to 125 trying to get the phone to work but it still wouldnt see it because of the 7th digit.
So the person who was here to hook it up who knew alot about deaf people and sign language and absolutely nothing about routers and/or how to hook this phone up except for the obvious 1-way they showed here in whatever training she took goes out to the truck and brings in the Sorenson VRS Router (SR-200). Says on the box it is manufactured by Sorenson (doubtful) specifically to work with this phone. Well needless to say I wasnt happy, but I wasnt going to refuse my roomy the video phone so i just bit my lip. Its a crappy looking little box router but surprisingly, it seems to let my signal through just a little faster than the belkin did hardwired. (the belkin always seemed like it was blinking off and on or something, not sure)
Well, 3 mo later and the Sorensons dead (not a surprise). well I guess its dead anyway.
The computer says I have internet, 100mbs. The lights are on, blah blah. and I even got yahoo to actually come up once (cache??), but every other time, nothing. I mean for hours I tried.
Since the belkin, and a million support calls to Habib, Im not as bad as I once was so I checked the obvious, plugs, wires, reset, cycled, Sorenson control panel. I could straight wire and the modem was working fine. I could open my network properties and see the "up time" counting, telling me I was on line. But everytime I clicked any of my (3) browsers I got nothing but the usual "Server not found" message.
So now Im back on the Belkin router and the video phone is on the shelf......Shes not happy people! lol.
But I have no idea what it could be, so Im asking here. I could really use you guys suggestions......and if you could please just list as many possible reason/questions that you can since I wont be able to get on the internet while trouble shooting this thing (and I dont care how dumb they are or how dumb they make me out to be, I seriously dont know this stuff). Im most likely just going to print this and go through all of them until I get online........or not.

Thanks Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom