Sonicwall NAT Rule Help

NOLACop

Baseband Member
I need to make a NAT rule that translates and routes traffic to a specific IP address out of a separate interface. Here is the gist:

If someone on my LAN (192.168.10.1) attempts to get to application "A", which is a web application that has an address of 192.168.1.60 but is hosted at another agency. I have a p2p connection to this location on the X2 interface of my Sonicwall. So when someone on the local LAN attpempts to connect to application "A", I need the Sonicwall to send the traffic as the local IP address (192.168.10.1or any other DHCP IP address in that range), through the application gateway (which is the X2 interface IP) and to a specific port. So far nothing I have done has worked. Can someone please help me out here?

It sounds like you're trying to configure a NAT exemption, is it?

It's been a while since I've had to touch a Sonicwall but IIRC, you had to specify your VPN networks for the particular VPN and you could set that group to not be NATed. Is the VPN otherwise up and passing traffic? I don't remember if there was a way to specify a port for it; an enterprise firewall should be capable of that, but then again we are talking about a Sonicwall.

If you've got your NAT exemption configured then remember that it's also got to be done on the other side of the VPN, as well.

Back
Top Bottom