Sonicwall IP Helper

Wait, shouldn't you be using Admit All on port 27? You shouldn't be sending tagged packets to a PC

A running config would prob help

Wait, shouldn't you be using Admit All on port 27? You shouldn't be sending tagged packets to a PC

A running config would prob help

So port 27 should be admit all? I thought tagged packets come from the client port and to the router/ DHCP server? I'll try admit all and see what happens. I know I saw tutorials that had the port tagged and untagged as well as the trunk both tagged and untagged.

What do you mean running a config?

You should definitely have the client ports set as Untagged, but I'm not sure on that Frame Type setting whether "send only tagged" means it'll only forward tagged frames (but still remove the tagging before it sends because it's listed as untagged) OR whether it means it'll only forward frames that are specifically untagged. Easiest way to find out is jsut set to Admit All and see if the client can now get the info :p

Do you know how to use Wireshark? This is pretty much what it's built for - troubleshooting network issues :)

The "running config" is a printout of the current configuration on the layer 3 switch.

Just to update those who helped me with this. I finally figured out the problem I was having. I knew it would be simple..I failed to trunk the port from the main switch to the LAN interface on the router...Doh!! All is working as it should now.

Back
Top Bottom