SOMEONE stealing my internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
i'm using a d-link router (di-624) and it's not encrypted and i think someone is stealing my internet! one of my neighbors (dunno who) just cancelled their cable subscription....maybe b/c my internet is open to them?

well before i encrypt anything or come to conclusions,

1.) is this someone stealing my internet?
2.) can i do anything to screw with their comp (heh)?

thx

my.php

edit: about 5 mins after i posted this, that computer has logged off my internet; well i guess it's time to wait to see if that piyopiyo person attempts to log on again

chances are, their messenger service is enabled. send them a message using this service and it will pop up in front whatever they are working on with a warning to get their own service.
i wouldn't do anything more than that......don't "tit-for-tat" .... just use encryption and be done with it. :)

Knock door to door with some kinda a weapon, if your American use a gun, if your Canadian use an axe. And you appear to be american so use a gun.

And on the other side (not the serious side, i was serious) try enabling WEP and MAC adress filtering.

Or learn about wireless hacking, and use ethereal to have lots of fun. Small credit card purcahses would be highly illegal but fun.

mikesgroovin said:
chances are, their messenger service is enabled. send them a message using this service and it will pop up in front whatever they are working on with a warning to get their own service.
i wouldn't do anything more than that......don't "tit-for-tat" .... just use encryption and be done with it. :)

what messenger service? how do i do this?

Knock door to door with some kinda a weapon, if your American use a gun, if your Canadian use an axe. And you appear to be american so use a gun.

hmm..ok i'll grab myself a gun :D

I like the mess up him idea as well

I use free wireless internet wheever possible, even though my connection is 3x as fast and I have to sit on my roof to get wireless ascess from other people. Hrm it's warm enough to do that now.

heh

i was JUST ABOUT to do something about it but then i realized it might be the person who's renting this room we don't use that's somewhat detached from the house, but not that far away (i've tried wireless there, and i got about 40% signal)

argh

damn

argh

edit: oh yea, and we let her use our internet, so i guess i can't do anything :(

Use the MAC address filtering. It will keep them from being able to connect. And disable the SSID broadcast, and then change the SSID name. then change the SSID name on your system that connects wirelessly so that you can connect.

Okay, you're using wireless, aparently, so encrpt your password and use one of your 4 network keys, make it 16 bit hex. They will never get into it unless they're smart enough to use a network sniffer. As far as I can see, they're not, they have their messanger service enabled, aparently, and they're letting you see them very simply, so just encrypt and use a network key. I'll get back to you on this later if I see a post. My uncle is an expert with that stuff.

How can one hide him self from that kind of users ( I mean that he can't see you)

BTW
I probbably live on another continent, don't be scared.......BUAAAHAHHHA.......now I'm scaring myself.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom