So... I have a bit of a problem. How can I find my wifi key again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I set up 100 computers in the spring to go with a wireless WPA secured network I'm installing in another building. I pre-configured it in one building to move to another when it was accessible for me.

In short, my story is this. I have 100 computers that are configured to the network with the WPA key. However, the console for the wireless network had to be redone for an unforeseen reason. Now I have a wireless network with the correct settings, SSID, etc... but no idea what the key is...

I know there's a program that'll tell you what your key is on your laptop. It's not a hacker tool or anything. It just simply reveals the key that is on the SSID you are connected to. But the problem is I have no clue what it is. If I could find that program... That way I can add it to the console and all 100 laptops should auto-connect with ease.

In short I just need SOME way of telling what WPA key these laptops are set to...

EDIT - Nevermind. Thank God for archived email!

It's not a hacker tool or anything.

Yes it is a hacker tool. Seriously, if I did not know what my Web Key was in the first place, then i would not be able to connect to the network. Wep keys are there to keep out unauthorized access. Otherwise people will be using such a tool to get access to other people wireless networks.

The only legal way you are going to find that Web Key again is for you to log on to your Router/Access Point's firmware and check what it is there. Otherwise, see your network administrator.

closed2ur0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom