SMC7008ABR's Unreliable Time Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
I've got a couple of "Schedule Rules" set for my broadband router. These rules are things such as: Shut off all internet access on the 3rd pc after 1am, etc., but i've noticed some problems.

To put it blatantly, the NTP servers bite. More than half the time the router's internal clock is wrong because it cannot keep it's time in-sync from one day to the next. Most of the time its logs report that the NTP servers cannot be found. I've tried using every North American server that the box allows me, in every configuration (primary and secondary), but to no avail. It's totally unreliable. When the NTP servers can't be found, the time is off and screws up the whole scheduling.

Is there an easier way? Any other ways to keep the routers time correct? Anyone out there use the SMC7008ABR? Anyone actually have any luck with the NTP servers??

see what you can do to run the ntp server locally. I know there are a couple programs out there and the server versions of windows should provide for being able to make yourself an NTP server. Perhaps that would be more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom