SMC Barricade 7008ABR Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats correct, any application that requires you to place port forwarding to your PC, you'll have to do it in the same fashion.

BTW, you IP for your computer (192.168.1.101 or 192.168.0.101) is a private IP address and it's not visable from the internet. The IP address that you should be worried about posting is the one that you get from the status tab of the router's configuration or by going to www.whatismyip.com
If you are interested in knowing the difference between your REAL ip address (www.whatismyip.com) and your private one (192.168.1.101 for example) go here:
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/nat.htm

-Mike

Ok, thanks. I'll read up on that right now. I just figured an ip was an ip... didnt know there were public and private ones. Thanks again.

Is there a certain way i can figure out what port a program is trying to use?? Like, if it doesn't easily and blatantly tell you?

There are ways, but you'd have to run a few commands at your command prompt and do some troubleshooting/process of ellimination. ;) I'd just try and find a google hit about the application.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom