Slow Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle_godfrey

Baseband Member
I've got an HP Pavilion notebook running on a wireless network using Linksys hardware. The speed sometimes run at a decent 54 Mbps. But a lot of times it runs terribly slow at 5.5 and even 1 Mbps. What can I do to keep this speed more consistent?

I run into this once in a while. The only thing I have found to correct it is to setup a direction antenna\focuser and change the channel to something other than 6 and 9. This works for me, but can't say if that will do the same for you.

get a high gain power antenna's because I got high gain power antenna right now on my linksys bc my router is in the living room and my computer is in my room and between the living room and my room I would say good 300 ft between them 2 and before I got the high gain antennas I had the same problem like u do but now I got the high gain antennas I get between good and very good signal from my living room to my room so give high gain antenna a shot.

People who say you need to buy new cards or router are just talking crap you should only have to do this if your hardware is fualty. Qiute often it can just be that other things are interfering with your router or possibly your card try putting the router in an open area not to close to other electrical equipment like phones etc. Try changing between different channels and see what luck you get. You should be able use your laptop anywhere in your house with a desent connection. I had this sort of trouble but once I had experimented with the channels and found one which got the best connection it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom