Slow speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisiblewall

Baseband Member
Lately, I've been noticing that my cable internet speeds are very slow. Before, they were usually 200+kb/sec but now they hardly ever exceed 50kb/sec on any site. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Is it because of my new installed linksys router? Is someone in my neighborhood leeching off my cable connection?

I would try to disco the router and go directly to the modem and see what the speeds are

Mine is Shaw and I noticed that internet speeds were slower and sometimes the internet didn't even work after the router got installed.

disconnect from the router/direct access to it. also, I'm assuming multiple systems. So, if it works fine that way, connect to the router with just the ONE system. Check. Verify. If fine, add each additional system. Depends on how many systems are hooked up and what they are doing. If, for example, you have a few systems downloading a bunch of crap on Kazaa, you have a problem with your bandwidth being sucked up. Pretty much, give us your little networks topology and what the systems are doing.

Well there is only one other system than this one currently. Even when it's not on or doing anything, my speeds are still quite slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom