Slow Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

abierkjp059

Beta member
Hi there,

I am a newbie in Networking, just got out of tech institute, and working as a trainee network tech.

i am experiencing a very slow network, when I ping the main server before this problem, readings will show 63/64ms and recently the reading will have gone to 100/200ms

what could be wrong?

I have a 16port 10/100 ethernet switch that has two ports reamining and I recently added a network printer connected also the cable is a CAT5 crossover (not too sure if this is correct).

I want to unplug the printer just to see if the ping readings will return to the usual reading but I dont want to cause printing issues for the users.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks
Abie

What's the topology of the network like? Is it just the switch and a bunch of clients, then the printer?

Have you tried doing a trace route?

What's the topology of the network like? Is it just the switch and a bunch of clients, then the printer?

Have you tried doing a trace route?

My network is on Star Topology, all PCs are connected to a 24 port patch panel and then to the switch and the network printer is directly connected to the switch then on to a cisco 800 series router to connect to the head office through a modem 128kbps link.

Thanks
Abie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom