Slow internet connection at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
At work some time (not always) we have got slow internet access, our internet connection through

How can troubleshoot where is the problem ? Is it with network or from ISP ? because some times I am pretty sure that the problem on our network, while other times with ISP

Our connection to internet through our PIX to ISPÂ’s PIX .

We have got ADSL Line with 2 Mbps, I can say 50 users use net simultaneously .Web based applications we are running: ASP.NET, DB2.

mBernhardt said:
2Mbps with 50 users? You may just be clogging your own tubes.

Agreed. Depending on how much bandwidth you guys use individually, it sounds like you just don't have enough coming in to sustain that many users.

Price out higher bandwidth.

Could be packetloss the mdm and might need an onsite tech or a new modem.

try tracert or traceroute google.com and see if/where the ping times grow.

try doing speed tests right to the modem. I do tech support and people will have a $300 connection with a $20 dlink. Face the fact. It might be your hardware.

Have you looked into the logs to see if any of the IP addresses are hogging bandwidth... At work, we have seen a few times where employees at companies will download files with P2P applications, and their employer wants to know why their internet is slow.... Have you scanned the network for virus traffic?

With 50 users on it, I would think that the utilization of that 2 Meg pipe is probably near it's limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom