Slow Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hizerd

Baseband Member
What is the cause of this?

I have a dsl connection but I'm currently dowloading at 9kbs/sec.

It usually downloads way faster than that.

Do anyone have any suggestions on the cause of this and how to fix it?

www.ccleaner.com

Run that, and whatever spyware/adware scan program you have. If you still have this problem, do a Modem reset, a normal reset the first time then i fthat doesn't work, unplug hte modem from the power source and wait 2 minutes, plug it in again. If all 3 steps do not work, then call up your company, they can reset your modem from the network.

Reseting should be done with the computer turned off.

its generally a case of adware, or spyware , thats the case more often than not.....try your spy removal programs, it should work fine.........also just to be finer.....clean your net chache.

i_learn said:
its generally a case of adware, or spyware , thats the case more often than not.....try your spy removal programs, it should work fine.........also just to be finer.....clean your net chache.

How do I clean the net cache??

Because I have done everything else and it's still slacking

hmmmm not sure what you mean
try this, in windows explorer click tools , folder options, view

click show hidden files and folder

uncheck do not show hidden system files

just make it so all hidden junk is seen

then go to \\documents and settings \ "your profile" \local settings

then clean out all the temp folders, you may have to do this in safe mode if you get an error while deleting

its dsl, your probably slowing down at peak times, when theres a ton of people on, and your dsl provider has a small backbone, who knows, highly doubt full its your cache, thats funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom