Slow internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I have a 12MB internet connection but lately it is acting very slow. Well, I mean some times it is hard to surf the net because certain webpages take too long to open or I have to give it several tries. Other than that I can download pretty fast. Why would I have such a problem opening webpages and should I contact my ISP to tell them about my problem?

No I do not have a download quota. Fact is that there are a lot of people using this internet connection because we share it over a router so I was wondering that it might be slow because of that! :confused:

That will certainly affect your speed. The more people using the internet for web browsing and/or downloading will lower the speed at which your pages load. Even being the only one using my connection if I am downloading a lot of material my web browser can become almost non-reactive. Your best bet might be to wait untill not peak time to browse the web, if that is possible. I am sure you would have a much faster connection if everyone else was asleep.

No I do not have a download quota. Fact is that there are a lot of people using this internet connection because we share it over a router so I was wondering that it might be slow because of that! :confused:

Oh yes. All it takes is one of those people to be P2Ping away, and that will slow down your connection.

2 solutions.

1. Buy a managed router or managed so you can limit speeds of the other person his bandwidth whoring on the P2P network. Dlink used to have a Gaming Router that had that feature. However I am not sure if it's still avalable on the market.
2. Find who the bandwidth bandit is tell him to slow down a little when you are using the internet too. (or give him a solid kick up the arse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom