Slow Download Speeds Help Plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerV

Solid State Member
Hello i am so lost and its getting frusterating i am downloading at around 25-30 kb/s which is slow. I have a dsl connection and i tested my download speed at speakeasy and it said it was 2581 kbps download speed and 287 upload speed. which seems rather fast i have no idea where else to check i have disable my virus protection and done lots of things just start with the basics i guess and if i have tried it i will let you know, because i am so lost. Well thanks again guys!

This happens when you download what? from where? Does the speed always stay at 20-30 kbps for every download on different applications?

Try a speed test at this site and it'll determine your storage speed.
http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

This is my result

4.2 megabits per second
Communications 4.2 megabits per second
Storage 515.9 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 2 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome

As you can see my communication speed is about 4.2 megabits but my storage speed is 515.9 kbps which is about 4200/8 = roughly 525 or so.

So technically speaking I am downloading at 4.2 megabits but my computer convert that into bytes so it's 515.9 kilobytes which is equal to 4.2 megabits anyways.

downloading anything it will stay at 30-40 it will like start high or some sites and then end up at around 30-40, and usually downloading patchs for games and software and stuff.

Communications 1.4 megabits per second
Storage 176.9 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 5.8 seconds
Subjective rating Good

is what the test read after i tested my line, 176.9 doesn't seem that fast for a dsl line is it?

I also have a question to connect my modem to the computer i have this connecter called the "linksys etherfast 10/100 compact usb adapter" is that something important do i need that/ could that be slowing it down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom