Slow Browsing on Win 7

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello all. So for some reason, I've been having some speed and connection issues on my desktop. I have an Asus RT-AC68R router & just finished rebuilding the desktop and setting everything back up. For some reason, it seems like it takes between 30-60 seconds sometimes to establish a connection with a website before it displays it. I am running 60Mbps from Charter, so I know WAN speed isn't the issue. Browsing is instant on my Macbook and also my work laptop. I've tried setting a IP address but didn't help. QOS or throttling are not enabled on the router. Anything anyone could think of? I tried using IE, Chrome & Firefox all with same issue. Thank you for helping

What do you mean when you say that you rebuilt the desktop and set everything back up? It sounds like it was working fine before, and now you're seeing this problem after making changes to the desktop. Is that correct?

What do you mean when you say that you rebuilt the desktop and set everything back up? It sounds like it was working fine before, and now you're seeing this problem after making changes to the desktop. Is that correct?

Most likely meant he reformatted/reinstalled.

Of course, that's just me assuming...and you know what happens when you assume :lol:.

Hello all. So for some reason, I've been having some speed and connection issues on my desktop. I have an Asus RT-AC68R router & just finished rebuilding the desktop and setting everything back up. For some reason, it seems like it takes between 30-60 seconds sometimes to establish a connection with a website before it displays it. I am running 60Mbps from Charter, so I know WAN speed isn't the issue. Browsing is instant on my Macbook and also my work laptop. I've tried setting a IP address but didn't help. QOS or throttling are not enabled on the router. Anything anyone could think of? I tried using IE, Chrome & Firefox all with same issue. Thank you for helping

try a speedtest at Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test and post your results

Back
Top Bottom