Slow browsing only on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was using real websites.
I've set primary and secondary dns but that's done nothing either.
Might have to see if I can get hold of a new NIC and try that.

(btw edit your posts...admins don't like ppl double posting)

Thanks for trying, any other ideas would be great

Edit: thanks I'll try that now

Edit: That hasn't changed anything either :(

Yeah I was using real websites.
I've set primary and secondary dns but that's done nothing either.
Might have to see if I can get hold of a new NIC and try that.

(btw edit your posts...admins don't like ppl double posting)

Thanks for trying, any other ideas would be great

Edit: thanks I'll try that now

arggg, sorry about multiple posts I'm new here.

I had this happening to me like a month ago everything worked fine, download speeds gaming you name it but as soon as I started browsing the net I got time outs, its the same as what you are experiencing.

Although while this was happening I was testing Small Business Server 2011 so it was my DNS server that was causing the issue. I knew this because every time I switched over to my ISP's DNS servers everything worked fine.

Obviously this isn't the same network you are dealing with but the problems we were both experiencing seem to be exactly alike.

I just don't know what else to look at here, I'll post back if I can think of anything.

Ah right, well thanks for trying anyway it is much appreciated and please do let me know if you think of anything else.

@ organic - Sorry but being new doesnt excuse the behavior when it is listed right in the rules of the site which should be known and read by all members. 2nd Paragraph of #4 talks about it specifically.

@ Mentali$T - You say your scans are all clean, yet i never seen a HiJack This Log from you at any point this past month. So who verified that your scans were all clean? What software did you use to do these scans?

I've done full system scans in AVG, Spybot s&d, malwarebytes and ad-aware
Can I post a hijackThis log here or shall I start a new thread in the viruses forum?

Just did a clean install of windows on a seperate partition and my Internet is running fast now so it must be some settings that are making it slow on the other install but i've tried everything suggested here and a load of other stuff. Do you think a repair install of windows would help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom