i just cant get my head round why its shooting up and down----
cant be isp cos other computer connects and holds the speed fine
cant be utorrent cos its not even on system
wireless adapter driver is up to date
reset,rebooted,unplugged and replugged router
dialed router and settings are fine
been through every single thing in connection and internet settings
still no avail
must be something in vista if i could just find out what.

ok dude post a hijack log in the virus area you might have a nasty on there that might be causing the issue. Are there any other vista comps that you have access to because you could always try it on one of them.

aye the other comps vista but will have to wait til the morn cos its in the other room..
newb question btw what is a hijack log?

and cheers again mate for youre help with this

hijack this just takes a ton of stuff from your registry and such and just puts it in a list and you look at it and hijack this gives you the option to clear out anything that shouldn't be there.

not a problem, A highjack log is a tool that scans your registry (among other things) with known defaults. If there is something on there a hijack log normally will find it. Our man (Osiris) with the knowledge on viruses is top notch he will give you a clean bill of health an tell you how to fix problems should you have any.

Also go through his guide (one of the stickeyed threads in the virus area) that will help you no end. Sadly i am not that hot on virus issues so i doubt i will be any help there but if you get a clean bill of health come back an i will try my best to help you.

ill go try that then
hopefully osiris is as good as you say :)
well thanks for your help guys ill let you know how it goes either way.:D

seems to be fine now been ok for a while so lets see how long it lasts lol
submitted HJT log to osiris and had to delete one thing only
at the same time though i was messing around moving my wireless adapter around between usb ports and been uninstalling and reinstalling drivers so somethings worked.

so just on to say thanks for the help
much appreciated.

rab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom