Sitecom WL-122 and incoming VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki_NL

Solid State Member
Hello everybody.

I have this irritating problem that I'm unable to fix....

I want to get to my network from anywhere on the internet. I'm running several Windows 2003 servers, one of which is setup to allow incoming VPN connections through RRAS...

Connecting my ISP's modem directly into a seperate NIC in this server and then activating the Windows 2003 Basic Firewall works fine, however for several reasons I want to route my traffic through my wireless router and connect the server to the router.

What I've done so far:

* Connecting the RRAS (172.16.0.2) to the router at 172.16.0.1
* Set up a virtual server on the router to open up 1723/tcp to address 172.16.0.2

Connecting seem to go OK, but the system fails to authenticate the user (error 721).

I know I also need to open up protocol 47 (not port 47) and this is exactly where it goes wrong.

The wireless router I'm using is a Sitecom WL-122. Although I can configure the firewall to open up pretty much (include protocol 47 as a custom setting), I'm unable to get it to work.

Can anyone help me configuring the firewall settings, or does this router not support protocol 47 at all, just like my LinkSys crap router (WRT54G)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the info.

Too bad ít doesn't fix the problem.
I still get my very much hated 721 error.

I can succesfully VPN to my network while on the LAN, so it's not an authentication issue....

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom