simply tranfering o data from one to another PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
man ya'll are making this way too complicated. all you need is a crossover cable (20$) and a network card in each PC. Im assuming both pc's have windows so just restart your computer in look in your network neighborhood, navigate to the other pc, and make sure both computers have full privilages for FTP and your all set to drag and drop your files. easy enough eh?

Good job reading what I posted. That's basically what I said (except the FTP part, and by the way FTP doesn't just "work" you need a server daemon to run it), except I explained it so someone who wasn't literate with computers could understand it.

gimme said:
just got a new pc wich does not have to be on the net all I want to do is move data back and forth. Does my second pc have to have internet connection to do this. I dont think so it must be realy easy like a usb cable connected between the two. Or am I wrong and i need to go and get hubs ,network adaptors and so on.

I have an external broadband cable modem connected via ethernet on board, an internal modem, network adaptor on board but says pci fast ethernet adaptor but it is not in a slot this pc is connected to the internet

and all i want is to transfer data to a new bog standard dell
and back again
specs
broadcom 440x/10/100 integrated controler network adaptor
modem intel(R)537edv9xdf pci
can this be done yes I think so by I have read all the threads and my mind is exploding with hubs, routes,tel cables coaxial cables, two male connectors, network setup wizard and so on
so can some one help with this simple problem and what I need to get. the pcs are 1 meter apart and all I need to do is transfer data both ways the second pc does not need internet accsess.
thanks in advance

If you just want common "file sharing" you can simply use a RJ45 crossover cable and then go and enable the file sharing.

Again, thank you for posting exactly what I said above. Read the previous posts before posting yourselves.

edit.....please refrain from flamming other members ::Mikesgroovin

BuckingFastard said:
Again, thank you for posting exactly what I said above. You people are retarded. Read the previous posts before posting yourselves.

and may i suggest YOU read the rules of the forum before you go and call people "retarded"

A little redundancy never hurt this forum. Please respect each other and their posts. We are all just trying to do the same thing here.....help other users out. A lot of us are on different levels of experience and skill. And with experience and skill also comes verbiage. A member may try to explain the same solution in a different manner than another member. It's important that we realize this and respect each other as we communicate on these forums.

Thanks for understanding...

::Mike

Except me, because I'm always right ;) Just kidding, anyhow there is also a USB File sharing cable that has HIGH transfer speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom