Sharing a Printer on network....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
so....even though i've done this many times with xp to xp, xp to 2000 and 2000 to 2000 i can't get 98 to xp working.....

my buddy wants his computer runni'n 98 to be able to go though the crossover cable tha's connected to his computer and print a document...

i set a static ip for both of them because he uses dial up still; he's out int he country; so it's not like it's gonna mess up the network and it's a lot easier in my opinion when usin' a crossover....
anyway,
i share his printer then go to the computer with 98, i go to add new printer...over a network...find the printer tha's shared....it starts to install..i have insert the driver disks cause it's 98 and like hell they'd have it already....it then starts to load on the programss that comes with it and then it goes to print a test page and it says that there is no printer connected to the port or it's off.....the printer is on..and there is no reason for it to be connected to the port...cause i'm going though the network.

i don't get it...

go to oxid.it

Download cain

This lets you explore your network and every part of it. If the printer shows up, it's their. Than go to add new printer under a print thing, copy it's name and location from cain, and your all good.

Their are easier ways though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom