Sharing music on external HDD with smart tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

JortC

Beta member
Hi everyone. I recently got a smart tv (Samsung series 8000), and while sharing and streaming multimedia from my PC to the tv is incredibly easy and intuitive, I'm having some problems effectively sharing my music collection.

I use Samsung Allshare to stream multimedia from my PC to the TV, but for some reason, you appear to be unable to navigate to content stored on external drives.
When I open up the SmartHub on my Samsung tv, and open up the "music" app, it displays the contents of the music library folder of any connected PC.
The problem is that my music collection is too large to fit inside this folder (and let's be honest, even if it did it just wouldn't be practical to have the majority of my PC's internal HDD being taken up just by music). Is there a way (natively in Windows 7 or through the use of software) to link my music collection on my external HDD to my music library folder, so that I'm able to play it easily on my smart tv?

What do you guys think is the best solution for this?

PS: I was unsure where to put this question, I felt like audio/multimedia and networking would be the most fitting, but since it's more a networking-related question I decided to post it here. Feel free to move it if this belongs elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom