Sharing a Mobile (USB) Internet connection via a Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2IT

Baseband Member
I have a mobile broadband connection, basically one of those little USB devices to connect online, but I want to figure out a way to spit the connection via a Linksys wireless router. I'm not exactly sure how to do this, but this is my best guess as to generally how it will work, but I need someone to fill me in on how to set it up properly:

I have an older PC which I will use to log into the mobile broadband connection, actually I have 2 older PCs, one with Windows XP, one with Ubuntu 10.04, I'm not sure which would be easier to do this with. Anyway, I'm guessing I will then connect that computer to the routers WAN link with a crossover cable, and if the PC is setup correctly I'm hoping I should be able to access the internet from any devices connected to the Linksys wireless router

I'm not sure how to set up the PC that will be logging in with the mobile broadband device, but theoretically it should be possible. Does anybody have any ideas on how I could make this work? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom