Sharing Internet

b4tist4

Beta member
Hi,

My problem is that i live in a shared house with about 7 rooms and we share the same signal. And cause we share the same signal the connection speed is ridiculous.. The best connection is always between 2Mb/s to 6Mb/s..

I am unable to play an online game without any lagging or even stream a youtube video..

One of the solution that i thought was asking the landlord to upgrade the broadband package but i think would not work because it will be a sharing signal again..

The other solution is to buy a broadband usb pen with data allowance but i don't i am able to use on my PS4..

I need a connection speed that hits more than 10Mb/s..

Is anyone got any ideas?

Best regards

Since you're using shared internet (I assume it's service provided by your apartment building?), there's not really much you can do honestly.

If you're unable to get your own connection coming in, your options are pretty much limited to either: a) have the landlord upgrade the internet package, b) have them setup QoS on the router they provide, or c) deal with it.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply..

Do you think that if my landlord upgrades the internet package will makes thinks smother for my side?

I dont have access to the router, so i cant really create any connection role..

Hi, thanks for your quick reply..

Do you think that if my landlord upgrades the internet package will makes thinks smother for my side?
Well it will be an increase for everyone...so "theoretically" it should.

You could always game on off-peak times as well, instead of peak times when everybody will most likely be using large chunks of bandwidth (e.g. early to mid evening).

I dont have access to the router, so i cant really create any connection role..

That's why I said "have them setup QoS" ;).

Ok, and what about a mobile broadband USB dongle? Do you think it would be better? And if yes would be able to share with my other devices?

Thanks

Ping may be high, depending on what kind of games you play.

If you play games like shooters and such...might not be a good solution since you won't have a very low ping.

Usually you can buy what's called a hotspot that runs off of mobile broadband, rather than just a USB dongle, that way you can connect all your devices to it.

Sounds good.. As i said i need a connection that hits around 10Mb/s because i have got a new subscription that is called PS Now from Playstation.. i am sure you have heard already what it means.. But its all about online streaming games..

Back
Top Bottom