Sharing Files in my home Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micro.POLO

Beta member
I've installed a wireless network at home, wich consists of four laptops and a printer, first every thing was working ok, including permission to every user to access with full control to another computer on the network, and to use thier unshared files freely, after a while, every time i try to access to file on another computer, a MessageBox shows up telling me that i have no permission to access to the resource and i should contact my network administartor, but i can't find any problem with the administor!!!!! :( :(

All PC's are on the same workgroup?

Same user account on all PC's?

Was someone heating up some leftover pizza in the microwave??

:D

Double check your firewall/IP settings and see if they can communicate with each other.

What operating system are you using on your laptops? You saud you have 4 laptops total? Does this happen when going from any 1 of them to any other 1 or is it a specific pair?

-Mike

Ok... lets get this straight... You have four laptops and a printer.

Just for troubleshooting purposes lets callthem LaptopA, LaptopB, LaptopC and LaptopD.

At one point you were able to communicate between ALL laptops right? (What Mikesgroovin was asking was if it only happened to a specific laptop or all of them)

After a while, you started to get error messages when trying to access the files over the network.

Did you install anything new recently? What is different that caused the computers to loose the file sharing?

I dont now, many things were installed, but the fourth computer (LaptopD) is actually a new one, so i dont now if that caused the problem, but i'm sure that i did everything right when adding the computer to the network, i dont now what happend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom