Sharing files between pc to laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerio

In Runtime
Hi everyone,
I have this problem here, i want share files from my desktop to laptop and laptop to desktop, i already installed the file and printer sharing for microsoft networks but when i put any file into the folder (shared documents) , i dont see the file.....

I m doing something wrong?

Please i really need help here....

I use WIN XP and router!!!
Thank you everyone...

You'll need to be in the same workgroup and have NetBIOS enable. Draging the files to the share document folder does not share your file on the network it just shares it on the local machine with multiple accounts. You'll need to unhide your "My Document" folder if you want to share it. Other wise drag the folder out to your desktop, then right click and select sharing.

Just like this site http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm

You need to enable NetBIOS.

1 Click Start, point to All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications then Network Connections. (Or you can right click My Network Places on the desktop and choose Properties).
2 Right click on the Local Area Connection or the connection you are using.
3 Double click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
4 Click the Advanced button under the General tab.
5 Click the WINS tab.
6 Select Default:

Do this for all machines, then restart.

now i see my workgroup in my desktop but i can't see in my laptop (wireless).....

But if i try access my laptop i get that message...

"....i myght not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permission....
"
Suckss/....
Idont know....

Hey...thanks everyone

i see my group in my desktop but i dont see in the laptop . I followed everything...... If i run the network wizard to the pc like .....you know ...(gateway) second option!!!
I sure run the same for my laptop?....If yes, that is what i did...but still the same...give me that message:
...i myght not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permission....

i didn t share any file yet!!!! maybe that is the problem?

But anyway, i dont see my pc name into my laptop.

Help me please...

Thank you everybody so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom