Sharing broadband connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegloaming982

Beta member
First of all, I'm new...This seemed like a good place to ask this question though as I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else.

Currently, this computer is connected to a cable modem through the standard ethernet cable.. If I get a wireless router, can I use it (the router) for my Xbox Live service BUT at the same time..not use it for the computer?

In other words - I want to keep the computer's connection the way it is, but I want to share the broadband connection with something else that will be using the wireless router.

Thanks.

No your PC will need to be behind the router. Don't see why you dont want it that way.

DJ-CHRIS said:
No your PC will need to be behind the router. Don't see why you dont want it that way.

I understand that, but what I'm asking is - is if I can still use an ethernet cable for my computer to access the internet. Because I don't need the computer to be wirelessly connected - just the xbox

Yes, as long as your router has connections for the ethernet cable to go out and to your computer, you can use it, it doesn't have to be wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom