shared pop3 on network

Status
Not open for further replies.

swmdogz

Beta member
hi
i have two comps. on a network, xp and 98, and i need to have e-mail on both of them. i have a pop3 account, and it right now it downloads e-mail to the xp, which i have set up as a "server", but the xp comp, then the 98 gets the e-mail off the xp, which means that the xp needs to be on all the time, with is not convenient. is there anything i can do to get the e-mail to be on both comps, and one of them doesn't need to be on? i am running a wired LAN. thanks in advance

By using pop3, you download the emails from your email server onto you XP computer. Unfortunately POP3 doesn't work like a web based email (yahoo or hotmail).

EDIT: After reading around, I believe there is an option to leave the mail on the server allowing you access from two of your PC's.

setup the pop account on both machines. - email remains on one computer and is inaccessible to the other computer.

setup the pop account on both machines and check the option under the advanced tab to leave a copy on the server. - email can be accessible on both machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom