share printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
never did solve it. thinking about hooking the printer up physically to the 2nd pc and see what happens.

you have a problem with your network connection

did u try folder sharing or internet access on the secound computer?

if they work then reinstall the printer on the secound computer as follows

start >Printers and faxes> Add new printer> Next> A network printer> Next> browse for a printer

now your main computer should apper and bellow it your printer name

if not then u difinatly have a problem with your network connection ..

i have internet access on 2nd pc. i have a good strong connection through my wireless linksys setup. i have been over the steps numerous times. even uninstalled and reinstalled printer on main pc.

i get this message when i try to add printer and get to the browse part: windows cannot connect to the printer, either the printer name was typed incorrectly or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server.

aha

i think its because sharing printer is not enabled ..

go to Control Panel (on the first pc)> Printers and faxes> Right click on the printer> Sharing...

Make sure "Share this printer" is selected, tick the box "show in directory"

do the same steps in my first replay

i hope you get it done :)

sharing printer is enabled. i reinstalled everything at least 3 x. i'm at a loss. just repeating the same stuff.

i guess i just won't be sharing the printer. i've tried everything i know and i'm still stuck.

Go on the computer with the printer attached to it and try checking the local security policy in administrative tools in control panel. Go to Local Policies\user rights assignment. Where it says "Access this computer from the network" the Everyone group should be listed there. Now check "Deny access to this computer from the network" make sure there is no user or group there that you might use especially the Everyone group.

Edit* BTW are these computer XP Pro or Home?

home.

i can't find what you're talkinmg about. when i go to admin. tools the headings are:component services,data resources, performance, computer management,event viewer, and services shortcut.

i went into all of them and couldn't find what you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom