Share connection with torrent addicted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophecy604

Solid State Member
Hi!!

My girlfriend download a lot of torrent with her laptop with wireless connection. This reduce the speed of the navigation on my desktop computer (wired).

My router is a Dlink WBR-2310.

Is it possible to split the connection in 2 distincts connection and allow her to download without reducing my internet navigation?

Thank you!

Steeve

You can accomplish bandwidth filtering or segregation by using QoS. Quality of service, something that allows you to put priority to specific computers.

Your router doesn't offer this, so my suggestion is either to talk to your girlfriend about it or purchase a router that supports QoS. IMO the best resolution would be to talk to her about it instead of just limiting her use. Come up with times when you can play and times when she can download - some type of compromise.

Two free solutions

Have her just torrent at night when you sleep which is the best thing to do or, on her program she uses to download torrents, theres a feature to limit the speed of her upload and download. Go in there and limit the **** out of it lol

Thank you guys!

I talk with her and we can deal with that but look like less trouble to both of us by doing this.

Even if the torrent download at 1.0 k/sec it mess up the speed connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom