Setting up wifi internet.......help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniax_chacx

Baseband Member
I have a 75Kbps broadband connection on my old computer running p3 550Mhz. I wish to share it with my new laptop and preferably using WiFi. Can someone help me out??
I understand that i will need a some special hardware but how do i go about deciding what to buy???? please guide me.
Someone.......................

It is "always-on broadband" and it comes on the same wire as the one of the telephone lines.....just that it has with it an adsl modem that attaches the lan cable to my computer running p3 550 Mhz....

if you have wireless router then you need only wireless card on your laptop. If you have one then make sure it is enable and then window will try to connect to available wireless.

if it needs to prompt for password then u have to put password to connect to your router. Contact your ISP for that.

There are lots and lots of router available in market.

NetGear, Belkin and Linksys are few of them.

I can personally recomment you to buy NetGear wireless router as I have used the one. It works great and hasn't given me any problem yet...:cool:

You will also need Ethernet Cable of Cat5 or Cat6 category. See if you have already got with your ADSL modem.

Once you buy router you will need to configure that according to your ISP. Also need to go through WEP or WPA-PSK settings to make net secured.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom