Setting up a VPN Server\Client Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelKing

Solid State Member
Okay everyone I have a question that shouldn't be too hard to answer, what I am trying to do is practice setting up a VPN server and a VPN Client.

My Current setup is:
1)Modem\Router (Providing DHCP) Connected to WAP\Switch (Providing NAT)--->One public IP Address
2)One computer wired to the switch
3)Two Wireless computers accessing the WAP\Switch

I would like to set up this VPN connection as though the Client was connecting via an insecured network (Implementing Encryption\Authentication). How should I go about this??? I know that it's possible to use XP Pro as a VPN Client\Server, I'm just having a hard time deciding on an appropriate setup. Maybe I could divide my network into two seperate subnets???

*Again, this is only for practice, I am not actually connecting from a remote location*

Any help would be appreciated,
Mike

nat on a switch throws me off. the switch must be a layer 3 switch in which case it acts as a router. RT1 should have a static nat setup to direct traffic from the remote pc to the server. The default gateway of all three machines should be RT1. RT1's default gateway should be RT2. see atached pic.

edit: the remote pc should be connected to RT1 via a point-to-point network...aka network c

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom