Setting up proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsigs

Beta member
I would like to attempt to set up proxy, but not sure how to do it correctly, I am trying to do this for using Azerus or Vuze now.... the people at my ISP cant understand i am transferring files from my office to my house all day long backing up... so this isn't illegal.... i just am tired of the threats of turning my service off. If anyone knows how to set this up, thanks in advance:)

i don't think a proxy is going to help you get around this. They will see the same type of traffic being transferred to you.

i suggest setting up a vpn to your home. It would prolly be easier to change from using Bittorrent to transfer the files. HTTP, FTP, or Network File sharing are alternatives. However, if you really wanted to get nasty, you could use rsync to only transfer the data that has changed. The ISP would only see encrypted vpn traffic and prolly would not raise any flags.

WindowsXP VPN Server

WindowsXP VPN Client

rsync - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a windows port for rsync is available

thanks for the help bro, except there is one problem, the computers i transfer to, are 5 miles away... hence the usage of a bit torrent.... ISP sucks.... just because i use a lot of bandwidth they check it out.... why have a business account if you can't use it?

the company I work for xfers backups to a remote location roughly 40 miles away. we could send them anywhere globally. The problem could be the amount of data you have to xfer and the amount of time you have available to get it done. How much data are you xferring and how fast are the internet connections

any anonymous internet surfing tools will not help you hide what your are transferring back to you. They are only used to hide who is making the request to the receiving server. You goto middle man. Middle man makes request. Middle man sends the reply back to you.

The traffic still travels back through your modem. This is the traffic that the ISP is watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom