Setting up a Office Network!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuaz

In Runtime
I'm setting up a small office network. I want it done wirelessly and with a server,

I'm also gunna purchase two new computers

The server will be used to handle emails, webpage etc.

I would like some very detailed information on setting it up. What equipement needed, make/models that are good?!

Im in the UK

--->Stu--->

There is no way to give you proper detailed information based on what you provided. How many users will you use? Is speed important? How critical is the data traveling over your network? Etc...

Speed is not important. Maximum of 4 users. It is important data. and obviously would need to be sercurtiy protected.

-->stu-->

Try a wirelss router from ZyZel (http://zyxel.com/). Be sure to use encrypted connections for everything of any importance (WPA doesn't cut it).

Figure out what services you are going to run on the server. If they don't encrypt traffic, wrap them with SSL or set up an in-office VPN. This is a bit complicated to go through on a forum though.

You may want to find a local networking consultant or contractor to do this for you, or at least take a close look at your needs and point you in the right direction. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in the UK I can refer you to.

Thank you.

I just wanted some advice becasue i didnt want some guy coming in here and selling me the wrong thing for loads of money!

stuaz said:
Thank you.

I just wanted some advice becasue i didnt want some guy coming in here and selling me the wrong thing for loads of money!

That shouldn't happen. You should be able to do this for only a few hundred dollars. Anything more than that and you are probably being ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom