Setting up a Network Lab. OMGG I'm confused. o_O ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I've connected my Lab Router to my ISP Router. Now, thing is the whole thing has set I presume it self up and running with out any thing from me.

I've looked at the Home Hub from BT to no avail understanding what I'm looking at really.

I don't know how its set it self up. No entering of IP Address, No entering of Sub Net, Internal or External.

I've connected the cables I think right but unsure. I've connected my Computers Ethernets to the Lab Router then the Lab Router to the ISP Router but then things get confused as in the setting up of the Software.

I've connected the ISP Ethernet Cable to the WAN Port of the Lab router and the Ethernet Cable to the Ether. 1 of the ISP Router from Ether. 1 of the Lab Router.

I'm confused as hell.

How come I don't have to enter any Information for the Lab Router to make sure everything is up and running such as IP Addresses and Sub Nets ECT:

I've connected the cables I think right but unsure. I've connected my Computers Ethernets to the Lab Router then the Lab Router to the ISP Router but then things get confused as in the setting up of the Software.

I've connected the ISP Ethernet Cable to the WAN Port of the Lab router and the Ethernet Cable to the Ether. 1 of the ISP Router from Ether. 1 of the Lab Router.

I'm confused as hell.

How come I don't have to enter any Information for the Lab Router to make sure everything is up and running such as IP Addresses and Sub Nets ECT:

So...
- your computer is connected to the lab router
- your lab router is connected to your ISP router (or is it a modem?)

If your ISP device is a modem and is using DHCP, then your lab router may be able to use the address with no further configuration from you. What kind of router is it? That makes a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom