Setting up Netgear RangeMax wireless router - can't find and admin account

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocamp22

Baseband Member
Hi,

Im setting up the router on a windows 98 computer that previously had a linksys. When I load up the software, and press setup, it tells me that I need to log on to a admin account to use the program. How do I get onto a admin account on 98? I though the main acount was an admin, but it wasn't, so I tried going on an account called administrator and one called admin but they weren't either. Nothing that came with the router says that it's not compatible with 98, so I was assuming that it was compatible. Does anyone know how to get an admin account in 98?

Thanks

If it's a normal router then you should be able to type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of a web browser and login that way. You shouldn't need to setup anything in Windows. I'm assuming it's a normal router.

I when and did what you said, but it needs a pppoe password and I don't know it. What do I do?

Have you tried a master reset on the router? There should bea little very tiny hole on the back or front that you can stick a paper clip into and hold in there for about 20 seconds untill the reset routine starts. Then see if you can logon to the router that way.

I am not sure about the Windows 98 admin account as far as I remember all users were equal? I thought it wasnt untill NT4.0 where actual power users were specified. The only thing I can recall is if you right-click on MY COMPUTER and select propertied there is a section that says USERS..check to see if there is an admin section there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom