Setting up FileZilla. Issues Port Forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I decided to make my own thread regarding the topic... but here's what I'm looking at. I got a Linksys WRT54G and I'm running Ubuntu Linux with FileZilla.

So I went to set up the network wizard within FileZilla... k great. I forwarded 59680-57000 with both UDP + TCP. It's also checked "enabled" while DMZ mode is disabled. I am not running a firewall.

Yet, I get this error with FileZilla.

Active mode FTP test failed. FileZilla knows the correct external IP address, but your router or firewall has misleadingly modified the sent address. Please update your firewall and make sure your router is using the latest available firmware. Furthermore, your router has to be configured properly. You will have to use manual port forwarding. Don't run your router in the so called "DMZ mode" or "game mode". Things like protocol inspection or protocol specific fixups have to be disabled. If the problem stays, please contact your router manufacturer. Unless this problem gets fixed, active mode FTP will not work and passive mode has to be used.

It's as if it doesn't realize I have the ports forwarded...

Wow. Why didn't I think of that...

Duuur... I'll try that when I get home.

However... how would port 21 differ from a forwarded port that I set up separately? Shouldn't a forwarded port be wide open to allow access to any application set for that port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom