seting up the sharings for server 2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohand

In Runtime
how come there is no office and home networking wizard on server 2k3? is there anyway or tools i can try to use instead of this? how can a 2k3 computer setted up can communicate with other computers on the LAN that was all connected to a router? there are 3 computers here, and i tried forcefully(and don't know is that a correct way) using xp's cd to set it up. and after i add the Netbios/... protocal on the network, it finally shows all the computers on the "entire network" (there are 2 computer using 2k3, one using win ME) the main problem now is(this is the one using 2k3) when i try to connect to another 2k3 computer it prompts a login panel to ask for user name and password, but i can connect to the ME computer normally. while tried to connect from either of the 2 from the ME computer, it ask that also, but only for password, the upper of the password feild wrotes: computer2k3(e.g)/ipc$. something like this. the shared files on the 2k3 computers doesn't shows neither. i've tried the pass words that was required for login to start windows but doesn't work. any one know how can i make this thing work like less secure(it had too high securities, this was just for learning purpose). thank in advence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom