"The server www.routerlogin.com at WGR614v7 requires a username and password"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget it, i managed to fix the problem with the aid of support, took me 20 minutes and about 20 more problems but i finally did it, unfortunately it is not very strong and does not work very well when i take it upstairs.

Actually, new problem(what a surprise!!!). After a while, after connecting the router, it simply stops working. The page will go 'server not found'. When i reconnect the router to the modem it will work again but then after a while it will stop working.

The information you were looking for should be within the documentation you received with the router. manuals are now usually in .PDF form on a disc in the box.

When the router stops working, is it on a wired host, or a wireless host?

In response to your Zone-Alarm problem.... Does it just not allow you to get to webpages, or are you not about to connect to even the router when it is on. Is this a wired or wireless host? When you have the problem, open a command window, and type IPCONFIG. Then try to ping the router (that will be the address listed as the default gateway.) Then report back.

In response to your Zone-Alarm problem.... Does it just not allow you to get to webpages, or are you not about to connect to even the router when it is on. Is this a wired or wireless host? When you have the problem, open a command window, and type IPCONFIG. Then try to ping the router (that will be the address listed as the default gateway.) Then report back.

no the router seems to wokr but webpages dont open in any browser. i tyeped ipconfig and it was the same for when firewall off and on. i am using wireless, i cant bring my laptop down so im using it upstairs from the router.

That being the case, I would suspect that perhaps Zone Alarm is blocking traffic on port 80. I am not familiar enough with Zone Alarm to help with it's config... sorry. :(

That being the case, I would suspect that perhaps Zone Alarm is blocking traffic on port 80. I am not familiar enough with Zone Alarm to help with it's config... sorry. :(

zonealarm is heck with networks. too many people have too many problems. it's a pain to configure it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom