Server problem, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulclane

Beta member
I had to rebuild a Windows 2000 server, with two new SCSI HDD's. Everything went fine. But I was getting an error message saying "the 'Work4' computer tried to connect to the server using the trust relationship established by the 'SERV1' domain. However, the computer lost the correct SID when the domain was re-configured. Re-establish the trust relationship". Thi shappened for most of the workstations. But they could all log on to the server, which surprised me with this error.

BUT, the real problem now: I changed a user account password today, nothing unusual, but when I tried to log back on to the domain it wouldn't let me. Then I tried to log on as administrator from the workstation, but it still wouldn't let me. So I tried to log on to the local account, but it wouldn't let me. It seems I am not able to log on to the server from any workstation using the administrator account, or to to log on as administrator to any workstation locally.

All users, except the first one above, can log on to the domain normally, but I don't know how much longer this will work for.

Administrator is already looged on to the server, but I am afraid if I re-boot for some maintenance tomorrow it won't let me log on.

I very briefly saw an error message on the first workstation, for a split second, saying something about locking and then unlocking the administrator account.

I've searched the net but can't find any solutions. I've looked in security polocies and can't see anything unusual.

It's a HP server running Server 2000 fully patched, and all workstations are XPSP2 fully patched

ANother error message is: The session setup from the computer 'work4' failed to authenticate. The name of the account referenced in the security is 'work4$'. Access is denied

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom