Server for Online Game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

phandentium

In Runtime
I am going to make an online game. However I need some sort of server where I can have players connect to. Does anyone know of any??? I am willing to spend a few dollars if necessary but it would be cool if I could just get one for free.

Make a game... do you mean you're going to program one from scratch? Well unless you host a server yourself (probably run into bandwidth problems if you do), you're going to have to pay a bit of money for a server. The server requirements depend entirely on the game it is hosting.

I have been told about crunching your own CPU into a server to host any online game. Now I am unsure how it works at all. But I have connected into a home PC and played a game of City of Heroes that was not on the list of servers from the site. It is possible to create a server from your home PC and have other people connect to it. However, I have never attempted to do it myself, nor have I seen how it is done.

Obtruse_Man4 said:
Make a game... do you mean you're going to program one from scratch? Well unless you host a server yourself (probably run into bandwidth problems if you do), you're going to have to pay a bit of money for a server. The server requirements depend entirely on the game it is hosting.

Nah i have not finighed learning Python yet.

And i dont want to use my own IP cause that will slow down my internet acess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom