Server not found errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosbusch2005

In Runtime
As of yesterday morning I am having internet connection troubles. I am frequently getting server not found errors. It is happening on two computers on multiple browsers, Ipad, and Iphones when they are connected to the wifi. It seems to be completely random, try to open a page and it doesn't work but hit refresh a couple of times and it works. The only thing that doesn't seem to be affected is Netflix streaming on my tv. I am using an old D-link WBR1310 wireless router and connecting through the cable model Mediacom provided me with. This has never happened before and it just started yesterday and I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like an overload !
D-link routers has some wired behave when going by overloading it .. it just disconnect for a second and then back on again ..
this could cause your problem if refreshing the page loads the page without having to wait a few minutes to have internet back !

netflix streaming and every streaming have cash system or buffer .. that's why you see there is no problem because it is playing from it's buffer .. sometimes buffer can be up to 2 minutes in live feed or all video time like youtube .

and you said the problem is in the wifi devices .. is there a computer connected with Ethernet cable to your router ?
and if there is ..is this problem happens in it ?

:)

Yes, there are two computers hooked to the router with ethernet cables and both of them are having the issue. If it is an overload why would the issue just be showing up now? Nothing has changed and no new devices were connected. If that is the issue is there any way to fix it or would I need a new router?

maybe you just started to watch HD movies ... or there is a computer using a lot of traffic .. or the router is going to die .

the only test to do now is to disconnect every thing and connect one computer .. if the problem solved then connect them one by one till you know who is the reason ..
if the problem still so it is the router or your ISP .

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom