Server can't get to time source

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBR2

Beta member
I am able to ping my dsl router and get a reply on my Netware 5 server but when I try and ping an internet time source in can't find anything. I am able to ping the same internet time source from my workstation but the server can't seem to see past my router. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

I did just get a new router from my ISP and they had it preconfigured.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Internet is up and working

I do have a connection to the internet. I can ping the gateway on the inside of our network, which is configured in the router. The problem is when I try and ping the gateway to the internet that was set in the router it times out. So, basically there is an IP address set in the router for the gateway to our internal network. Then there is the IP address that is configured in the router that is the gateway provided by my ISP that gets me to the internet. It is the one IP address that my ISP gave me and set in the router that my server can not get past. All workstations seem to get through with no problem, what's so special about a Netware server....nothing. it has a NIC just like the workstations and they can get throught just fine! I'm at a loss!

Thanks for the response!

Mark

Are you filtering based on IP addresses or MAC addresses, and forgot about it?

I filter based on IP and MAC addresses at home (have a wireless network), input the MAC into the allowed table, and assigned an IP to my computer, only to have it not work. I thought I was filtering x.x.x.34 to 255, was really filtering x.x.x.33 to 255, and had assigned 33 to my computer. I could ping the router, but not outside.

Hilowe

I found out that I needed to put the default gateway that my ISP set in the router into the Netware server. Thanks for the help!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom