Server Backup Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

njozwiak

Beta member
Hey,

I work for a small embedded systems company and I'm looking for some network backup options. We have two boxes that we want to backup on a weekly if not daily basis. One is a Windows XP Pro and the other is Fedora Core 3 Server.

I know I could set it up with image software that I can create images every other day of the two systems and store them on a third box or a large hard drive. But I am interested to see if there is any software out there that allows me to access those images like a folder tree. And pull specific files out of them if needed. Does anyone know of any software like this out there?

I tried to contact Symantec about their Ghost 10 software but spent 45 minutes on the phone jumping between menus. So far I'm not impressed.

Thanks,
Nate

acronis true image works good and you can load up and browse through the image. i dont know if its available for linux though.

Yes, Acronis True Image Home for $40 works fine for what you want to do on Windows XP. You can create a full backup, then incremental backup of only changes. These backup files can be access/view and you can restore a specific file.

For Linux, take a look at Amanda or the many other free solutions. Backup Solutions for Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom