Server 03 can't access account on certain pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

genistas

Baseband Member
Hi,

I've got a Windows Server 2003 domain with about 150 computers. We have a computer lab with about 30 PCs setup for standardized testing purposes. We have a single user account called NWEA for all users taking the tests. Here's the problem: All has been working well for a couple days. As of this afternoon, about half the computers became unable to logon to JUST the NWEA account, but can still logon to other user accounts without issue. About half of the other computers can logon just fine. Mind you, these computers are all on the same switch and no other network problems appear to be present.

Why would SOME computers not be able to logon to a particular account when others can?

thanks for your help!

Hi,

I've got a Windows Server 2003 domain with about 150 computers. We have a computer lab with about 30 PCs setup for standardized testing purposes. We have a single user account called NWEA for all users taking the tests. Here's the problem: All has been working well for a couple days. As of this afternoon, about half the computers became unable to logon to JUST the NWEA account, but can still logon to other user accounts without issue. About half of the other computers can logon just fine. Mind you, these computers are all on the same switch and no other network problems appear to be present.

Why would SOME computers not be able to logon to a particular account when others can?

thanks for your help!

Have you check event viewer on the local machines for any particular errors? I have encounter this problem before but I was simulating a domain environment on VMware, the only solution I know, is to take the computer off the domain, restart and join them back. I have little knowledge with 2003 Server & Active Directory.

Is it possible that somehow user NWEA's rights have been revoked to logon to those machines? I seem to remember being able to specify which machines within the domain that specific users(NWEA) are allowed to logon to. This should be somewhere within Active Directory.

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Thank you for your suggestions. I didn't see anything in active directory restricting certain PCs. I ended up removing the account and creating it again. That seemed to take care of the problem. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom