sending and receiving data problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

printscreen25

Solid State Member
My friend is having a problem with his Internet so i have been requested by him to try and resolve his problem.

I searched the forum but could not find a solution.

My friend says to be me:

"I have BT Broadband Basic (2.2mb). I dail up to connect to the inernet, which i would normally do. It all seems find and says im connected to the Internet, but when actually trying to use the internet connection it acts as though i am not connected.
For example;
.My IE does not load pages (always getting page cannot be displayed message.)
.Cannot sign into MSN messenger.
.Cannot connect to any internet games (such a steam)
And anything else that would normally use the Internet.

I am clueless on how to resolve this problem, so if you have any solutions they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

You should firstly check to see if the windows explorer is not set 2 work offline because this can affect Msn messenger, if the problem is there then go to Tools>internet options>Connections tab then make sure that the conection he is using is set 2 default and make sure that (Always dail a connection is ticked) then apply the changes. I hope this helps you if it doesn't then try unstalling all the connections and start again it would be good if ur friend has the installtion discs to his modern

gd luck, please reply if this helps thanks:)

Jay-Bo

Thanks for the tip Jay_bo.
The bit about setting the "always dail as a connection" helped.

But its unfortunally did not solve his probelm
Any more suggestions?

A little more information please. This sounds like a DSL connection, does he have his computer connected to the DSL modem or does it connect to a router of some sort?

Wel he says tht "[He] dails up to connect to the inernet" so he must have a DSL modern because you don't have to dail a connection on a router. I think that it is the internet settings and i personal think that you should try install the modern drivers and your ISP installion disc, if you haven't got them, then go to internet options>connections tab>setup.

Please reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom