Send Packet Error then Invalid UDP Destination Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnishiSG

Solid State Member
Hi guys.

I've had a problem for quite a while when opening the game Counter-Strike. After a few minutes into the game, "Net_SendPacket Error: WSAEINTR" would always pop up and the game would close. I tried just about everything but it didn't go away.

Today I tried playing Counter-Strike again, and now I can't even connect to a server! It says something like "establishing network connection" then it retries a few times but doesn't work. Then, I tried to create my own game. It works, but once I'm connected, Norton Antivirus says it has block an intrusion attempt. It says:

Intrusion: Invalid UDP Destination Port.
Intruder: (My computer and IP address)
Risk Level: Medium.
Source IP address: (the same computer... mine.)
Destination IP address: 3.2.168.192
UDP Source Port: 3952
UDP Destination Port: 0. Invalid.

I tried turning off Norton Autoprotect but it didn't fix the problem. This happens every time I try to create a game. I'm hoping that fixing this will allow me to join a game (which I haven't been able to do for a while).

Any ideas?

Oh yeah. My laptop is using a wireless network connection. My desktop is connected directly and has the same IP address.

Norton Autoprotect is not the feature that will interfere with your network connection, it is the Worm protection you need to disable or configure to allow that particular port.

The Worm protection is in the option.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom