Security Camera Remote access issue

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello all. So I setup a Panasonic BL-C131A security camera at my brothers house. After setting it up, I had assigned the camera port# 8085 and static ip address of 192.168.1.115. After setting the camera up, I went into the router to forward port 8085 to its static IP address. When I tried to access it remote by his external IP address, it doesn't connect. I tried setting it up with a DynDNS address, and however, that failed as well. Router is a netgear wndrmacv2. The ISP also has a firewall installed (BEC 7800TN R2 - Dual WAN ADSL2+ Firewall Router), but I logged into the device IP webpage and didnt notice anything. I went to the website Open Port Check Tool and checked to see if port 8085 was open but got a "cannot connect to host". I then tried to put the camera's port on 80, but still had no luck accessing it externally. Any thoughts??

Last edited:
I assume that everything works when you access it through the LAN.

When you try external access, are you appending the port number to the end of the ip or domain name? ex. 1.2.3.4:8085

Did you check whether port 8085 is TCP, UDP, or both? Having the wrong protocol configured is like having the wrong port.

"Cannot connect to host" is a weird message to get from an online port checker - generally it will say that either the port is open or closed. This would suggest that it's not even reaching the ip or domain name at all. Are you able to ping the public ip?

Yes, accessing from local LAN was working fine. It was an issue with the ISP's firewall.. The needed to come out and put it in bridge mode and everything seems to be working just fine now!

Back
Top Bottom